What do you get?
- Expert advice and guidance
- Up to $250,000 of matched project funding for Commercialisation Offices and Eligible Partner Entities
- Up to $1 million of matched project funding for all other eligible applicants
Who is this for?
Australian entrepreneurs, researchers, inventors, start-ups, Commercialisation Offices and small and medium enterprises who have a novel product, process or service they want to commercialise.
Accelerating Commercialisation provides you expert guidance to help find a commercialisation solution that is right for you. Matched funding is also available to support your commercialisation activities.
The first step is to submit an expression of interest form for Commercialisation Guidance. If you receive guidance, your adviser may recommend that you apply for an Accelerating Commercialisation Grant.
What are the eligibility criteria?
To gain Commercialisation Guidance you must:
- have a novel product, process or service you want to commercialise
- seek opportunities to trade in different states or territories to your place of business
- not appear on the Workplace Gender Equality Agency list of non-complying organisations
To apply for an Accelerating Commercialisation Grant you must have received Commercialisation Guidance and must be classified as one of the following:
- a for-profit company registered and operating in Australia
- a Commercialisation Office or Eligible Partner Entity
- an individual, partnership or trustee who agrees to form a for-profit company
You must also:
- be undertaking an eligible project
- own or have access or beneficial use of any intellectual property required for the project
- meet the turnover test
- provide evidence that you can fund at least 50% of the project costs
- supply enough information to undertake a merit assessment