Export Marketing and Development Grant (EMDG)
Purpose of the EMDG
Foster International Growth for Australian Businesses
A key Australian Government financial assistance program for aspiring and current exporters.
Designed to encourage small and medium sized Australian businesses to develop export markets.
For applicants that have incurred $15,000 or more in eligible export promotion expenses, EMDG reimburses 50% of those expenses above a $5,000 threshold up to a limit of $150,000
Provides up to eight grants to each eligible applicant
Are you eligible?
Guidelines for Retailers
Australian-based businesses, individuals, partnerships, companies, statutory corporations, co-op’s and trusts must satisfy the following criteria:
1. Carried on an export business in Australia during the grant year
(annual income not more than $50m)
2. Exported or promoted export eligible goods, most services, intellectual property or know how; or promoted events held in Australia
3. Spent at least $15,000 on eligible export promotion activities over the last financial year (or the last two financial years for the first grant)
4. Have no disqualifying convictions
5. Can satisfy the Grants Entry Requirements (first-time applicants only)
What can you claim?
The following expenses are claimable under the EMDG:
1. Marketing consultants
2. Overseas blogger and celebrity marketing campaigns
3. Overseas trips for marketing activities
5. Free samples
6. Trade fairs, seminars and in-store promotions
7. PR Agencies
8. Promotional literature and advertising
9. Overseas buyers
10. Registration and insurance of eligible intellectual property
11. Photoshoots for lookbooks and campaign imagery
On 11 September 2020 the Australian Government announced it would establish the $50 million Business Events Grants program. This program...
We sat down with Tash Williams from Word Of Mouth Collective to chat all things marketing in 2021, the new...
We sat down with one our clients Dani from Ena Pelly to discuss her inspiration behind the brand. Ena Pelly offers minimal...